curious palette, prinsep street, 2.0.

Monday, April 10, 2017 1 Comments A+ a-

came by for a weekday brunch with L sometime earlier this year, and really liked their brunch food. too bad, though, that they only offer brunch up to 6pm, thus eliminating it as an option for dinner (their dinner menu doesn't tempt me quite as much). had some time to myself on a rainy saturday afternoon, and decided to head over for a late lunch.

even at that hour, the café was crowded. it had a much different vibe from when i was there previously (okay, it was just noisier). plus, the tables were pretty close together, so i was (unfortunately) privy to the conversation of the couple next to me.

as usual, i debated internally for a while what to get (i'm really bad at deciding). i was torn between having the scotch egg i had previously and trying something new. novelty won out in the end, and i ordered the hand-pulled pork on sourdough ($18.90) that i'd spotted on another table my previous visit. besides, i really can't say no to pork crackling.



and it was just as glorious as i'd envisioned. they'd been really generous with the pulled pork, and given my love for protein, this was right up my alley. plus, the pork crackling came in the form of a crumble, sprinkled generously all over the pulled pork- genius. i loved the caramelised onion jam as well (and i really hate onions)- it added a sweet note to the dish that really tied everything together. i remember thinking, during my previous visit, that the food at curious palette felt disjointed- everything worked separately but just didn't come together as a whole, but that wasn't true for the pulled pork dish. i ate everything together (yum poached egg; yum hollandaise sauce) and it worked.



i'd also added on the gammon ham and cheese croquettes ($2.50), which came piping hot and oozing with cheese. (though, where was the ham? hmm.)

curious palette has just cemented its status as one of my favourite cafés. yup, i'm heading back.


curious palette
64 prinsep street
https://www.facebook.com/curiouspalette/

reading menus is one of my hobbies.

1 comments:

Write comments
Purva Pius
AUTHOR
8 November 2018 at 01:41 delete

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Reply
avatar